elected position prepare state budget; acts as chairman of the Finance Committee;
supervises the State Ways
& Means program manager; and serves on MNWT Foundation
Each treasurer who completes my challenge will be entered in a drawing for an incentive. Please send me your completed challenge for third trimester by May 1.
- Complete your chapter sales tax return by February 5.
- Send in 2 transmittals.
- Make a donation to Ways & Means (any amount qualifies).
- Participate in the Ways & Means 3rd trimester promotional -Wayzata Bay Spices.
- Invite 10 NON-MNWT Members to the Online Auction site (once you have invited send me their names.)
Let the Bidding Begin!
The online auction is up and running. The current auction runs from January 25th to February 18th. Check out the current items up for bid: Hotel Stays, books, wine & snacks, jewelry, and sports items. Winning bidders will be contacted to arrange pick-up or delivery.
There are many ways for chapters and districts to support state Ways & Means:
- Make a donation to Ways & Means – individuals, chapters and districts can all donate to Ways & Means. The suggested donation for a chapter or district is $35 per trimester, but any amount helps us meet our goals.
- Shop at the State Store – we have a large variety of logo items available, such as sling totes, messenger bags, coffee mugs, pens, portfolios, manuals, post it notes, lip balm, and hand lotion. Look for some new items to roll out at the next convention!
- Sign a member – every new member and member renewed helps to generate revenue through membership dues.
- Participate in the trimester promotionals, Finance Committee fundraisers, and vendor sales. Proceeds from all of these contribute to our income, and participating in trimester promotionals can earn your chapter 20% as well.
Transmittals are used to report donations made by chapters and districts in external programming areas. Donations can be cash, or in kind donations of goods and items collected. Use the link above to go to the online version, and fill it in; you will need to know how much the donation was for and to whom it was made in order to complete the form. The transmittal will automatically be sent to the External Vice President and the Treasurer, and we will track them all for reporting at conventions.
This is the only way we know how much is being donated to deserving organizations and groups across the state, so please make sure to report everything you do.
You can also send a paper copy of the transmittal, and should do it this way if you are including a check to MNWT with your transmittal. We collect donations for any of the foundations we are supporting throughout the year, and then send a check at the end of the year to each foundation for which money was sent in. Paper transmittals are attached to each of my CIPs, and you can request additional forms from me at any time.
Did you know that you can contribute to Minnesota Women of Today by using iGive or Good Search for web searches and shopping? There are 1000’s of stores to choose from and what could be better than shopping in your pajamas! These are ongoing fundraisers for the Minnesota Women of Today.
- Go to www.goodsearch.com, and select Minnesota Women of Today as your organization of choice. Then download the tool bar, and set Good Search as your home page. Every search you do earns MNWT money – it doesn’t get any easier than this! Last, add a footer to your emails that says “I Good Search for Minnesota Women of Today. Raise money for MNWT just by searching the web using Good Search – www.goodsearch.com – powered by Yahoo!”
- You can shop online using the Good Shop link at the top of the Good Search page; don’t forget to check out the Coupons and Deals link, too.
- iGive is another online shopping tool that earns MNWT money with every purchase made online. Go to www.iGive.com, select MNWT as your favorite charity, and download the tool bar. Download the iGive Toolbar and when you visit an eligible site the contribution % automatically pops up. Don’t forget to check out the coupons and deals also. Sign up and start earning today. Choose Minnesota Women of Today as your charity of choice and encourage your friends and family to sign up also.